Vanuatu Consolidated Legislation - 1988
Commencement: 25 November 1982
LAWS OF THE REPUBLIC OF VANUATU
REVISED EDITION 1988
Act29 of 1982
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Scheduled Conventions
To provide for the application in Vanuatu of certain international maritime conventions.
1. (1) The provision of any of the Scheduled Conventions to which Vanuatu has acceded shall have the force of law in Vanuatu from the day that accession thereto shall take effect.
(2) Where the provisions of any of the Scheduled Conventions to which Vanuatu has acceded conflict with the provisions of any other Act, the provisions of the Scheduled Convention shall prevail.
(3) For the Purposes of this section, "Scheduled Conventions" means the Conventions specified in the Schedule.
- Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea. 1972;
- International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974;
- Protocol of 1978, relating to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea;
- International Convention on Load Lines, 1966;
- International Convention on Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage, 1969;
- International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution of the Sea by Oil, 1954;
- International Conference on Maritime Pollution, 1973;
- International Conference on Tanker Safety and Pollution Prevention, 1978;
- Regulation for the Prevention of Pollution by Oil;
- Guidelines for Surveys Order Annex 1 of MARPOL 73/78.