Solomon Islands Subsidiary Legislation
FORESTS AND TIMBER ACT
FORESTS AND TIMBER (PRESCRIBED FORMS)
IN exercise of the powers conferred by section 5G of the Forests and Timber Act, the Minister makes the following Regulations -
Citation and commencement.
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Forests and Timber (Prescribed Forms) (Amendment) Regulations 1985.
(2) These Regulations shall come into operation on the date of publication in the Gazette.
Substitution of regulation 5.
2. Regulation 5 of the Forests and Timber (Prescribed Forms) Regulations 1978, hereafter called the principal Regulations, is repealed and replaced by the following regulation –
“Form of Agreement regarding Customary Land
5. An agreement for the sale of timber rights in customary land shall be in such form as prescribed in Form 4 of the Schedule.”.
Amendment of Schedule.
3. The Schedule to the Principal Regulations in amended by adding immediately after Form 3 the Form 4 not out in the Schedule to these Regulations.
Repeal of “Form of Agreement for Timber Rights”.
4. The FORM OF AGREEMENT FOR TIMBER RIGHTS set out immediately after Form 4 of the Schedule to the principal Regulations is repealed.
5. All agreements made pursuant to any provision repealed by these Regulations shall remain good and valid until they are rescinded, amended or varied or others are made in their stead.
Dated at Honiara this twenty-sixth day of June, 1987.
Minister of Natural Resources