Papua New Guinea Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
PAPUA NEW GUINEA
Public Finances (Management) (Amendment) (No.2) Act 2000
No. 65 of 2000.
Certified on: 30 May 2001
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS.
1. Functions of the Committee (Amendment of Section 86).
2. New Section 86A.
"86A. REFERRAL OF MATTER.".
Public Finances (Management) (Amendment) (No.2) Act 2000,
Being an Act to amend the Public Finances (Management) Act 1995,
MADE by the National Parliament to come into operation in accordance with a notice in the National Gazette by the Head of State acting with and in accordance with, the advice of the Minister.
Section 86 of the Principal Act is amended in Subsection (1) by inserting immediately after Paragraph (e), the following new Paragraph:-
"(f) to refer a matter in connection with the control and the transaction with and concerning the accounts of a public body, the public moneys and the property of Papua New Guinea, to the appropriate authorities referred to under Section 86A and to report to the Parliament of such a referral.".
The Principal Act is amended by inserting after Section 86 the following new section:-
"86A. REFERRAL OF MATTER.
(1) Where the Committee is satisfied after making an investigation under this Act, that there is a prima facie case that a person has not complied with the provisions of the Constitution and this Act in connection with the control and the transaction with and concerning, the accounts of a public body, the public moneys and the property of Papua New Guinea, it shall refer the matter, together with its report on the matter, to —
- (a) in the case of a leader who is subject to the Leadership Code, the Ombudsman Commission; or
- (b) in the case of a person, other than a leader referred to under Paragraph (a), the Public Prosecutor,
for further investigation and prosecution as the case may be.
(2) The Committee shall make such recommendations as it thinks fit in relation to a referral under Subsection (1).".
I hereby certify that the above is a fair print of the Public Finances Management) (Amendment) (No.2) Act 2000 which has been made by the National Parliament.
Clerk of the National Parliament.
I hereby certify that the Public Finances (Management) (Amendment) (No.2) Act 2000 was made by the National Parliament on 28 November 2000 by an absolute majority in accordance with the Constitution.
Speaker of the National Parliament.
30 May 2001