Papua New Guinea Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
PAPUA NEW GUINEA.
Customs (Budget Provisions 2001) Act 2000
No. 40 of 2000.
Certified on: 02 Feb 2001
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS.
1. Repeal of Section 1A.
2. Administration of this Act (Amendment of Section 3).
3. Transitional Provision.
Customs (Budget Provisions 2001) Act 2000,
Being an Act to amend the Customs Act (Chapter 101),
MADE by the National Parliament to come into operation on 1 January 2001.
Section 1A of the Principal Act is repealed.
Section 3 of the Principal Act is amended -
(a) by repealing Subsection (2) and replacing it with the following:-
- "(2) There shall be a Commissioner of Customs who shall -
- (a) be appointed by notice in the National Gazette by the National Executive Council after considering a recommendation from the Commissioner General; and
- (b) be appointed for such period, of not less than five years or more than seven years, as the National Executive Council determines; and
- (c) be eligible for re-appointment."; and
(b) by adding the following new Subsection:-
- "(3) The office of Commissioner of Customs is hereby declared to be an office to and in relation to which Division III.2 (Leadership Code) of the Constitution applies.".
The person who, immediately before the coming into operation of this Act (Customs (Budget Provisions 2001) Act 2000) held office as Commissioner of Customs shall on that coming into operation continue to hold that office until an appointment to that office is made in accordance with the Principal Act is amended by this Act (Customs (Budget Provisions 2001) Act 2000).
I hereby certify that the above is a fair print of the Customs (Budget Provisions 2001) Act 2000 which has been made by the National Parliament.
Acting Clerk of the National Parliament.
I hereby certify that the Customs (Budget Provisions 2001) Act 2000 was made by the National Parliament on 7 December 2000.
Acting Speaker of the National Parliament.