Fiji Promulgations and Decrees
GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF FIJI
DECREE NO. 38
ROYAL FIJI MILITARY FORCES ACT (AMENDMENT) DECREE, 1989
A DECREE TO AMEND THE ROYAL FIJI MILITARY FORCES ACT AND THE PENSIONS ACT IN RESPECT OF PAY AND ALLOWANCES FOR MILITARY PERSONNEL
IN exercise of the powers vested in me as President and Commander-in-Chief of the Republic of Fiji and acting in accordance with the advice of the Prime Minister and the Cabinet, I hereby make the following Decree-
1. This Decree may be cited as the Royal Fiji Military Forces Act (Amendment) Decree, 1989.
2. In this Decree, unless the context otherwise requires-
"the Principal Act" means the Royal Fiji Military Forces Act;
"Pensions Act" means the Pensions Act, 1983.
Part VII of the Principal Act amended
3. Section 42 of the principal Act, is hereby revived to read:
"42. The Minister may make regulations-
(a) providing for pay and allowances for Regular officers on the Active List and of soldiers of the Regular Force and, when on military service, for Territorial officers and for soldiers of the Territorial Force and the Reserve;
(b) for the payment of bounties to officers and soldiers of the Forces or any part thereof who qualify in such manner and for such matters as may be prescribed."
Section 47 of the Pensions Act amended
4. Subsection (f) of the section 47 of the Pensions Act is amended by deleting the figure "42" therefrom.
Coming into force
5. This Decree shall come into force on 1st January 1990.
Dated this 18th day of December 1989.
PENAIA K. GANILAU
President and Commander-in-Chief