Fiji Promulgations and Decrees
Download original PDF
INTERIM GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE FIJI ISLANDS
PREVENTION OF BRIBERY (AMENDMENT) PROMULGATION 2007
(PROMULGATION No. 31 OF 2007)
IN EXERCISE of the powers conferred upon the Interim Government, and upon the exercise of my own deliberate judgement as President of the Republic of the Fiji Islands as to what is best and good for the people of Fiji, and by the executive authority of the State in accordance with section 85 of the Constitution and such other powers as may appertain, and with the advice of Cabinet, I, Josefa Iloilovatu Uluivuda, make this Promulgation -
TO AMEND THE PREVENTION OF BRIBERY PROMULGATION 2007.
1. - (1) This Promulgation may be cited as the Prevention of Bribery (Amendment) Promulgation 2007.
(2) In this Promulgation, the Prevention of Bribery Promulgation No. 12 of 2007 is referred to as "the principal Promulgation".
Section 2A repealed
2. The principal Promulgation 2007 is amended by repealing section 2A.
New section 34 added
3. The principal Promulgation is amended by adding the following section –
"Regulations and forms
34.-(1) The Minister may make regulations to give effect to the provisions of this Promulgation, and in particular to prescribe matters required to be prescribed under this Promulgation.
(2) Regulations made under subsection (1) may prescribe forms for use in connection with this Promulgation; and a form so prescribed may, with such variations as the circumstances of the case may require, be used for the purpose mentioned in the form, and if used shall be sufficient.".
GIVEN UNDER MY HAND this 14th day of September 2007.
J. I. ULUIVUDA
President of the Republic of Fiji