Fiji Promulgations and Decrees
Download original PDF
GOVERNMENT OF FIJI
PATENTS (AMENDMENT) DECREE 2012
(DECREE N0. 55 OF 2012)
IN exercise of the powers vested in me as the President of the Republic of Fiji and the
Commander in Chief of the Republic of Fiji Military Forces by virtue of the Executive
Authority of Fiji Decree 2009, I hereby make the following Decree -
TO AMEND THE PATENTS ACT (CAP. 239)
Short title and commencement
1. This Decree may be cited as the Patents (Amendment) Decree 2012 and shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Gazette.
2. The Patents Act (Cap. 239) shall be referred to as the "Act".
3. The Act and all subsidiary laws made under the Act are amended by deleting all references to "Administrator-General" and substituting "Solicitor-General".
New section inserted
4. The Act is amended by inserting the following new section after section 31 -
"Power to nominate
32. The Solicitor-General may nominate a person to act on his or her behalf for the purposes of exercising his or her powers conferred by or duties prescribed under this Act."
GIVEN under my hand this 9th day of July 2012.
President of the Republic of Fiji