Fiji Promulgations and Decrees
Download original PDF
REPUBLIC OF FIJI ISLANDS
GOVERNMENT OF FIJI
NATIVE LAND TRUST (AMENDMENT) DECREE 2011
(DECREE No. 8 of 2011)
IN exercise of the powers vested in me as the President of the Republic of Fiji and the Commander in Chief of the Republic of Fiji Military Forces by virtue of the Executive Authority of Fiji Decree 2009, I hereby make the following Decree -
TO AMEND THE NATIVE LAND TRUST ACT (CAP. 134)
1.-(1) This Decree maybe cited as the Native Land Trust (Amendment) Decree 2011.
(2) The Native Land Trust Act shall be referred to as "the Principal Act".
Section 1 amended
2. Section 1 of the Principal Act is amended by deleting the whole section and substituting-
1. This Act may be cited as the i Taukei Land Trust Act"
Amendment of all references to "native" in the Principal Act
3. The Principal Act and all subsidiary laws made under the Principal Act are amended by deleting the word "native" wherever it appears
and inserting "i Taukei".
New section 1A inserted
4. The Principal Act is amended by inserting a new section lA after section 1 -
"1A. All written laws are amended by deleting all references to the word "native" wherever it appears and inserting "i Taukei".
Given under my hand this 25th day of February 2011.
President of the Republic of Fiji