Fiji Promulgations and Decrees
Download original PDF
REPUBLIC OF FIJI ISLANDS
GOVERNMENT OF FIJI
NATIVE LANDS (AMENDMENT) DECREE 2011
(DECREE No. 7 of 2011)
IN exercise of the powers vested in me as President of the Republic of Fiji and Commander in Chief of the Republic of Fiji Military Forces by virtue of the Executive Authority of Fiji Decree 2009, I hereby make the following Decree -
TO AMEND THE NATIVE LANDS ACT (CAP. 133)
1.-(1) This Decree may be cited as the Native Lands (Amendment) Decree 2011.
(2) The Native Lands Act shall be referred to as "the Principal Act".
Section 1 amended
2. Section l of the Principal Act is amended by deleting the whole section and substituting-
1. This Act maybe cited as the i Taukei Lands Act"
Amendment of all references to "native" in the Principal Act
3. The Principal Act and all subsidiary laws made under the Principal Act are amended by deleting the word "native" wherever it appears
and inserting "i Taukei".
New section 1A inserted
4. The Principal Act is amended by inserting a new section 1A after section l -
"1A. All written laws are amended by deleting all references to the word "native" wherever it appears and inserting "i Taukei".
Given under my hand this 25th day of February 2011.
President of the Republic of Fiji