Fiji Promulgations and Decrees
Download original PDF
INTERIM GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE FIJI ISLANDS
LAND TRANSPORT AUTHORITY (AMENDMENT) PROMULGATION 2007
(PROMULGATION NO. 48 OF 2007)
IN EXERCISE of the powers conferred upon the Interim Government, and upon the exercise of my own deliberate judgement as President of the Republic of the Fiji Islands as to what is best and good for the people of Fiji, and by the executive authority of the State in accordance with section 85 of the Constitution and such other powers as may appertain, and with the advice of the Cabinet, I, Josefa Iloilovatu Uluivuda, make this Promulgation to –
TO AMEND THE LAND TRANSPORT ACT 1998
Short title and commencement
1. This Act maybe cited as the Land Transport Authority (Amendment) Promulgation 2007, and comes into force on 1st January 2008.
Section 24 repealed
2. The Land Transport Act ("the Act) is amended by repealing section 24 and substituting the following-
"Funds of the Authority
24.-(1) The funds of the Authority consists of –
(a) all moneys appropriated by Parliament to the Authority;
(b) any grant made to it by the Government.
(2) Any money received by or on behalf of the Authority under this Act or any other written law shall be received and paid by the Authority to the Consolidated Fund.
(3) The Authority may apply to the Minister for Finance for grant for the purpose of carrying out its functions and powers under this Act."
Section 27 repealed
3. The Act is amended by repealing section 27.
New section 115 inserted
4. The Act is amended by inserting a new section 115 –
"Transitional and savings regulation
115- (l) The Minister may, in consultation with the Minister for Finance, make regulations in respect of any transitional or savings matters that may arise from this Promulgation.
(2) This section expires on the 30th of June 2008."
Given under my hand this 24th day of December 2007.
of the Republic of the Fiji Islands