Fiji Promulgations and Decrees
REPUBLIC OF FIJI
JUDGES' REMUNERATION AND EMOLUMENTS ACT (AMENDMENT) (NO. 2) DECREE 1991
IN exercise of the powers vested in me as President of the Sovereign Democratic Republic of Fiji and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, and acting in accordance with the advice of the Prime Minister and the Cabinet, I hereby make the following Decree:
1. This Decree may be cited as the Judges' Remuneration and Emoluments Act (Amendment) (No. 2) Decree 1991.
2. In this Decree the Judges' Remuneration and Emoluments Act is referred to as the "principal Act".
New section 2A
3. The principal Act is amended by inserting the following section immediately after Section 2:
"Salary and allowances of President of the Court of Appeal
2A.-(1) The President of the Court of Appeal shall receive salary at the rate of $43,768 a year and an entertainment allowance at the rate of $850 a year.
(2) Where the President of the Court of Appeal is not normally resident in Fiji he shall instead of the emoluments set out in the preceding sub-section receive the following allowances:
- $28,000 per annum
- $850 per annum
Per diem during session of the Court
Traveling allowances during session of the Court
- Equivalent of return business class air fare and all other local travel expenses.
(3) For the avoidance of doubt, it is hereby declared that the entertainment and traveling allowances referred to in sub-section (2) above shall be exempt from income tax and all other taxes."
Made this 20th day of August 1991.
PENAIA K GANILAU
President of the Sovereign Democratic Republic
of Fiji and Commander-in-Chief
of the Armed Forces