Fiji Promulgations and Decrees
Download original PDF
GOVERNMENT OF FIJI
ELECTORAL (REGISTRATION OF VOTERS) (AMENDMENT) DECREE 2014
(DECREE NO. 9 OF 2014)
IN exercise of the powers vested in me as the President of the Republic of Fiji and the Commander in Chief of the Republic of Fiji Military Forces by virtue of the Executive Authority of Fiji Decree 2009 and section 165(2) of the Constitution of the Republic of Fiji, I hereby make the following Decree—
A DECREE TO AMEND THE ELECTORAL (REGISTRATION OF VOTERS) DECREE 2012
Short title and commencement
1.—(1) This Decree may be cited as the Electoral (Registration of Voters) (Amendment) Decree 2014 and shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Gazette.
(2) The Electoral (Registration of Voters) Decree 2012 shall be referred to as the "Principal Decree".
Section 2 amended
2. Section 2 of the Principal Decree is amended by—
(a) deleting the following definitions—
(i) "list of post-register deletions";
(ii) "list of post-register registrations";
(iii) "Permanent Secretary"; and
(iv) "publish"; and
(b) inserting the following definition—
""Supervisor" means the Supervisor of Elections appointed under section 76 of the Constitution;".
Section 11 amended
3. Section 11 of the Principal Decree is deleted and substituted with the following—
"Information about a voter to be made available to the voter
11. The Supervisor must ensure that any information in the National Register of Voters about any personis made available to that person through such means as the Supervisor deems necessary or convenient to enable that person to verify any information about him or her in the National Register of Voters."
4. Sections 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 of the Principal Decree are repealed.
Principal Decree amended
5. The Principal Decree is amended by deleting "Permanent Secretary" and substituting with "Supervisor" wherever it appears.
Given under my hand this 27th day of March 2014.
President of the Republic of Fiji