Fiji Promulgations and Decrees
REPUBLIC OF FIJI ISLANDS
2010 APPROPRIATION DECREE 2009
GOVERNMENT OF FIJI
(DECREE NO. 52 OF 2009)
IN exercise of the powers vested in me as President of the Republic of Fiji and the Commander in Chief of the Republic of Fiji Military Forces by virtue of the Executive Authority Decree 2009, I hereby make the following Decree: —
TO APPROPRIATE A SUM OF ONE BILLION, FOUR HUNDRED SIXTY MILLION, TWENTY ONE THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY ONE DOLLARS FOR THE ORDINARY SERVICES OF GOVERNMENT FOR THE YEAR ENDING 31ST DECEMBER 2010.
Short Title and commencement
1. This Decree may be cited as the 2010 Appropriation Decree 2009, and comes into force on the 1st of January, 2010.
Appropriation of $1,460,021,281
2. A sum of $1,460,021,281 is to be issued from the consolidated Fund or other funds of the State and applied to the ordinary services of the Government for the year ending 31st December 2010, and such sum is to be appropriated for the purposes specified in Schedules 1 and 2 and also the 2010 Budget Estimates.
3. — (1) The Government Borrowing for 2010 shall not exceed the sum of $496,889,382.
(2) Notwithstanding any other written law and for the purpose of subsection (1), the Minister for Finance may, subject to the approval of Cabinet, borrow on behalf of the State by raising loans not exceeding $496,889,382 in 2010 for the following purposes.
(a) meeting loan repayments for loans raised prior to 2010 and falling due for redemption in part or in whole in 2010;
(b) conversion of maturing loans;
(c) conversion of outstanding treasury bills into loans; and
(d) funding the costs of any expenditure for loans implementation purposes in 2010.
Redeployment of $52,593,037
4. Columns 4 and 5 of Schedule 3 sets out the sum of $52,593,037 being redeployed in 2009 by virtue of section 22 of the Financial Management Act 2004.
GIVEN under my hand this 27th day of November 2009.
President of the Republic of Fiji