Fiji Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
REPUBLIC OF FIJI
PARLIAMENT RETIREMENT ALLOWANCES (BUDGET AMENDMENT) ACT 2018
ACT NO. 26 OF 2018
J. K. KONROTE
[13 July 2018]
TO AMEND THE PARLIAMENTARY RETIREMENT ALLOWANCES ACT 1989
ENACTED by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji—
Short title and commencement
1.—(1) This Act may be cited as the Parliamentary Retirement Allowances (Budget Amendment) Act 2018.
(2) This Act comes into force on a date or dates appointed by the Minister by notice in the Gazette.
(3) In this Act, the Parliamentary Retirement Allowances Act 1989 is referred to as the “Principal Act”.
Section 6 amended
2. Section 6 of the Principal Act is amended by—
(a) in subsection (1)—
- (i) deleting paragraph (a) and substituting the following—
- “(a) his or her aggregate period of reckonable service is—
- (i) for the period from 10 October 1970, not less than 4 years; or
- (ii) for the period from 6 October 2014, not less than 3 years and 6 months; and”; and
- (ii) in paragraph (b) of the proviso after “;”, deleting “or”; and
(b) in subsection (3), deleting “section 6(2)(a) and (b)” and substituting “subsection (2)”.
Section 18 amended
3. Section 18 of the Principal Act is amended by deleting “the date hereunder” and substituting “22 September 1989”.
Passed by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji this 12th day of July 2018.