Fiji Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
PHARMACY PROFESSION (BUDGET AMENDMENT) ACT 2015
ACT NO. 28 OF 2015
J. K. KONROTE
[23 November 2015]
TO AMEND THE PHARMACY PROFESSION DECREE 2011
ENACTED by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji—
Short title and commencement
1.—(1) This Act may be cited as the Pharmacy Profession (Budget Amendment) Act 2015.
(2) This Act shall come into force on 1 January 2016.
(3) In this Act, the Pharmacy Profession Decree 2011 shall be referred to as the "Decree".
New section inserted
2. The Decree is amended by inserting the following new section after section 48—
"Free Medicine Programme
48A.—(1) Any person who has obtained the approval of the Board under section 48 to carry on a pharmacy business must participate in the Free Medicine Programme.
(2) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) commits an offence and is liable to a fine not exceeding $100,000 and an additional fine of $5,000 for each day the offence continues.
(3) In this section, “Free Medicine Programme” means the Free Medicine Programme introduced by the Government for eligible persons to have access to specified medicine free of charge from 1 January 2015.”
Passed by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji this 20th day of November 2015.