Fiji Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
REPUBLIC OF FIJI
PUBLIC ENTERPRISE (AMENDMENT) ACT 2018
ACT NO 3 OF 2018
J. K. KONROTE
[9 March 2018]
AN ACT TO AMEND THE PUBLIC ENTERPRISE ACT 1996
ENACTED by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji-
Short title and commencement
1.—(1) This Act may be cited as the Public Enterprise (Amendment) Act 2018.
(2) This Act comes into force on a date or dates appointed by the Minister by notice in the Gazette.
(3) In this Act, the Public Enterprise Act 1996 is referred to as the "Principal Act".
Section 61 amended
2. Section 61 of the Principal Act is amended by deleting "only 2 shareholders" and substituting "at least one shareholder".
Section 62 amended
3. Section 62 of the Principal Act is amended by-
(a) deleting subsection (1) and substituting the following—
- "(1) Subject to section 63, a shareholder in a Government commercial company shall be nominated by the Minister for Economy.";
(b) deleting subsections (2) and (3); and
(c) in subsection (4), deleting "A Minister" and substituting "The Minister for Economy".
Section 63 amended
4. Section 63 of the Principal Act is amended by-
(a) in subsection (1), deleting "Each" and substituting "A";
(b) deleting subsection (2); and
(c) renumbering subsection (1) as section 63.
Section 64 amended
5. Section 64 of the Principal Act is amended by deleting subsection (2) and substituting the following—
"(2) A shareholder in a Government commercial company holds shares on behalf of the State.".
Section 66 amended
6. Section 66 of the Principal Act is amended by deleting "Minister who appointed him or her" wherever it appears and substituting "Minister for Economy".
Section 67 amended
7. Section 67(1) of the Principal Act is amended after "the Public Enterprise Minister" by inserting ", the Minister for Economy".
Passed by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji this 8th day of March 2018.