Fiji Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
REPUBLIC OF FIJI
HIGH COURT (AMENDMENT) ACT 2019
ACT NO. 3 OF 2019
J. K. KONROTE
[5 April 2019]
TO AMEND THE HIGH COURT ACT 1875
ENACTED by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji—
Short title and commencement
1.—(1) This Act may be cited as the High Court (Amendment) Act 2019.
(2) This Act comes into force on a date or dates appointed by the Minister by notice in the Gazette.
(3) In this Act, the High Court Act 1875 is referred to as the “Principal Act”.
Section 5 amended
2. The Principal Act is amended in section 5 by—
(a) deleting subsection (1) and substituting the following—
- “(1) The constitution of the Court shall be as provided for under section 100 of the Constitution of the Republic of Fiji.”; and
(b) in subsection (2), deleting “to fill a vacancy in the number of puisne Judges above 10 only needs to” and substituting “of a puisne Judge may”.
3. The Principal Act is amended by deleting “Judicial Service Commission” wherever it appears and substituting “Judicial Services Commission”.
Passed by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji this 4th day of April 2019.