Fiji Sessional Legislation
FIJI REVENUE AND CUSTOMS AUTHORITY (CHANGE OF NAME) ACT
NO. 30 OF 1999
[9 November 1999]
TO CHANGE THE NAME OF THE FIJI REVENUE AND CUSTOMS AUTHORITY
ENACTED by the Parliament of the Fiji Islands-
Short title and commencement
1. - (1) This Act may be cited as the Fiji Revenue and Customs Authority (Change of Name) Act 1999.
(2) This Act comes into force on a date appointed by the Minister by notice in the Gazette.
2. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires-
"Authority" means the Fiji Revenue and Customs Authority established by section 3 of the principal Act;
"principal Act" means the Fiji Revenue and Customs Authority Act 1998.
Principal Act amended
3. The principal Act is amended by inserting the word "Islands" after the word "Fiji" -
(a) in the long title;
(b) in section 1(1);
(c) in section 2 in the definition of "Authority";
(d) in section 3-
(i) in the section heading; and
(ii) in the first line.
Consequential and transitional provisions
4.-(1) Wherein any written law, in any contract, instrument or register, in any other public or private document, or in any court proceedings, a reference is made to the Authority, such reference is, without further amendment, to be read and construed as a reference to the Fiji Islands Revenue and Customs Authority.
(2) No registrar or other person charged with the keeping of any books or registers is obliged solely by reason of the change of name of the Authority to change the name of, or any reference to, the Authority in those books or registers or any document.
(3) The presentation to any registrar or other person of any instrument by the Authority-
(a) executed or purporting to be executed by the Authority;
(b) relating to any property held immediately before the commencement of this Act; and
(c) containing a recital that the name of the Authority has been changed to the Fiji Islands Revenue and Customs Authority in accordance with this Act,
is, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, sufficient to empower and require the registrar or other person to change the name of the Authority in any book, register or document to which the instrument refers.
Passed by the House of Representatives this 6th day of October 1999.
Passed by the Senate this 28th day of October 1999.