Fiji Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
REPUBLIC OF FIJI
FIJI ROADS AUTHORITY (AMENDMENT) ACT 2015
ACT NO. 5 OF 2015
[14 July 2015]
TO AMEND THE FIJI ROADS AUTHORITY DECREE 2012
ENACTED by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji—
Short title and commencement
1.—(1) This Act may be cited as the Fiji Roads Authority (Amendment) Act 2015.
(2) This Act shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Gazette.
(3) In this Act, the Fiji Roads Authority Decree 2012 shall be referred to as the "Decree".
Section 2 amended
2. Section 2 of the Decree is amended by deleting the definition of "Minister" and substituting the following— ""Minister" means the Minister responsible for the Fiji Roads Authority;"
Section 5 amended
3. Section 5 of the Decree is amended by inserting the following new subsection after subsection (2)—
“(2A) The Chief Executive Officer shall be an ex officio member of the Authority with no voting rights.”
Section 11 amended
4. Section 11 of the Decree is amended by inserting the following new subsection after subsection (4)—
“(5) The Authority shall have a minimum of one meeting in each month.”
Passed by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji this 9th day of July 2015.