Fiji Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
FRINGE BENEFIT TAX (BUDGET AMENDMENT) ACT 2014
ACT NO. 6 OF 2014
[15 December 2014]
TO AMEND THE FRINGE BENEFIT TAX DECREE 2012
ENACTED by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji.—
Short title and commencement
1.—(1) This Act may be cited as the Fringe Benefit Tax (Budget Amendment) Act 2014 and shall come into force on 1st January, 2015.
(2) The Fringe Benefit Tax Decree 2012 shall be referred to as the "Decree".
Section 7 amended
2. Section 7 of the Decree is amended in subsection (1) by inserting the following new paragraph after paragraph (f)—
"(g) a fringe benefit provided to an employee of a religious body registered under the Religious Bodies Registration Act (Cap. 68)."
Section 11 amended
3. Section 11 of the Decree is amended by inserting the following new subsection after subsection (4)-
"(5) Notwithstanding section 7(1)(e), the provision of accommodation or housing to any person holding any executive position at a hotel is a housing fringe benefit regardless of the location of the hotel."
Section 14 amended
4. Section 14 of the Decree is amended in subsection (3) by deleting "the proportion of the use of the motor vehicle in employment" and substituting "50% of the value of the benefit determined under subsection (2)".
5. Section 19 of the Income Tax Act (Cap. 201) is amended in subsection (1) by inserting the following new paragraph after paragraph (l)—
"(m) Fringe Benefit Tax payable in Fiji or elsewhere including any penalty, additional tax, or interest payable in respect of Fringe Benefit Tax due."
Passed by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji this 11th day of December 2014.