Fiji Sessional Legislation
FINANCE (AMENDMENT) ACT 1998
ACT NO. 3 OF 1998
K. K. T. MARA
[20 April 1998]
TO AMEND THE FINANCE ACT AND TO REPEAL THE FINANCE DECREE 1988
ENACTED by the Parliament of Fiji-
Short title, etc
1.-(1) This Act may be cited as the Finance (Amendment) Act 1998.
(2) The Finance Act (Cap. 69) is in this Act referred to as the Principal Act.
2. This Act commences on a date appointed by the Minister and published in the Gazette.
Part 2-AMENDMENTS OF PRINCIPAL ACT
Estimates and virements
3. Section 6 of the Principal Act is amended by omitting from subsection (1) "section 121" and substituting "subsection 180(1)".
Repeal of section 7
4. Section 7 of the Principal Act is repealed.
Withdrawals from the Consolidated Fund
5. Section 9 of the Principal Act is amended by omitting from subsection (1) "section 120" and substituting "subsection 176(1)".
Part 3-REPEAL OF FINANCE DECREE
Repeal of Finance Decree 1988
6. The Finance Decree 1988 is repealed.
Passed by the House of Representatives this Sixteenth day of March, in the year of our Lord One Thousand, Nine Hundred and Ninety-Eight
Passed by the Senate this Thirty-First day of March, in the year of our Lord One Thousand, Nine Hundred and Ninety-Eight.