Fiji Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
REPUBLIC OF FIJI
Civil Aviation Reform (Amendment) Act 2019
ACT NO. 25 OF 2019
J. K. KONROTE
[8 August 2019]
TO AMEND THE CIVIL AVIATION REFORM ACT 1999
ENACTED by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji—
Short title and commencement
1.—(1) This Act may be cited as the Civil Aviation Reform (Amendment) Act 2019.
(2) This Act comes into force on a date or dates appointed by the Minister by notice in the Gazette.
(3) In this Act, the Civil Aviation Reform Act 1999 is referred to as the "Principal Act".
Section 3 amended
2. Section 3 of the Principal Act is amended by deleting the definition of "aerial work" and substituting the following—
""aerial work" means an aircraft operation in which an aircraft is used for specialised services such as agriculture, construction, photography, surveying, observation and patrol, search and rescue or aerial advertisement;".
Section 10 amended
3. Section 10 of the Principal Act is amended by—
(a) in subsection (3)(a)—
- (i) deleting "commercial";
- (ii) after "transport", inserting "operations"; and
- (iii) after "with the", deleting "international";
(b) in subsection (3)(b)—
- (i) after "by domestic", deleting "commercial";
- (ii) deleting "but not international commercial air transport" and substituting "operations"; and
- (iii) after "with the", deleting "domestic";
(c) in subsection (4), deleting "use of a place as" and substituting "person to operate"; and
(d) in subsection (7), deleting ", not exceeding 12 months,".
Passed by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji this 8th day of August 2019.